The SuperLight 5 Inch is perfect for a professional FPV pilot looking to put down the fastest ever MultiGP UTT time or the new guy just getting into FPV racing who has no idea what in the world the next two paragraphs mean. The SuperLight is easy to build and tough as nails!
She was forged out of beautiful carbon fiber and aluminum by the FPV gods and then transported to this planet for the soul purpose of beating the crap out of everyone else on the race track. On the day of it's arrival on earth all the Gram Chasers and Weight Nazi's gathered around to behold it's greatness. That day went down in the FPV history books as the day Catalyst Machineworks entered the super light weight frame world. Do you find yourself wondering if clear shrink tubing is lighter than black shrink tubing? Do you put your quads on a diet of no ESC plugs, 1050mah lipos, and super short wiring runs all the while telling your friend his 400 gram AUW quad is a fat ass? Welp, this frame is for you!
The SuperLight is an XL frame. Meaning it is a stretched 'X' frame. The left / right side props have been pulled in towards craft centerline as close as possible, while the front / back props have been stretched away from each other. This is a wonderful geometric scenario for racing applications. The extended length allows for more stable and controllable pitch, which translates into more control of speed and altitude. The tightly packed frame width translates into lightning fast roll maneuvers. When you combine this positioning of the motors and the SUPER LOW frame mass its a recipe for world domination.
- Super light frame
- Sub 250 gram AUW (no lipo) possible
- Tough as nails
- 200mm XL frame geometry
- Easy to build
- Easy to maintain
- Beautiful matte finish 3K carbon fiber
- Fits 'standard sized' electronics
- Supports high powered setups
- Knurled black anodized standoffs
- Aircraft grade 7075 black anodized fasteners
- Multiple Vtx / FPV antenna mounting options
- Innovative Vtx / FPV antenna mount made of flexible black TPU.
- Fits nearly any FPV camera on the market
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality materials
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality fasteners
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched performance
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched customer support
- 72 grams
- Run without Vtx or antenna mount and shave 3 more grams!
- Runcam Split fits the frame! See details here
- Material: Twill Weave 3K Matte CF
- Top plate: 1.5mm thick
- Bottom plate: 4mm thick
- Frame Type: XL
- Frame Size: 200mm
- Max camera angle: 75 degrees
- Motors supported: 22xx, 23xx, 24xx
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s
- Lipo mounting position: Bottom (or top mount W/O HD camera)
- Fits 5" props
- Supported FPV Cameras: Standard sized "HS1177" or Runcam Micro