This is the "Ready to Fly" version of the QAV540 V2 FPV Quadcopter. Fully built, tested and ready to fly.
The airframe that introduced the Clean/Dirty H-Frame concept to the world in 2012 has now been significantly upgraded in this new version. This airframe replaces both the original QAV500 as well as the QAV540G. The QAV500 V2 adds the ability to mount Lumenier's quick mount gimbal, which enables one airframe to be flown both as an acrobatic airframe carrying a fixed GoPro as well as aerial videography airframe with 2-axis gimbal. When purchasing the new QAV500 V2, you now have a choice of arms in different lengths and materials. Arm choices include the original aluminum CNC-ed 500 arms for a 500mm size airframe (measured from motor shaft to motor shaft diagonally), 500mm size G10 arms, 520mm size G10 arms, or long 540mm aluminum arms. The new QAV500 V2 now features a significantly stiffer Dirty Airframe, which is most noticeable when utilizing the longer 520 and 540 size arms.
With a 540mm arm, mounting up to a 12 inch prop is supported without props in view when flown with the Quick Mount Gimbal. With 12 inch props, flight times of 25 minutes or more are possible when utilizing appropriate motors, props, and lipos.
The improved Dirty section of the airframe has been stiffened by implementing curved carbon fiber side-walls combined with a carbon fiber bottom plate and re-designed power distribution board. The new power distribution board features integrated, orientation-aiding LED lights, 2 separate voltage conversion circuits with an included 12v step-down board, and redesigned layout to easily fit a wide variety of ESCs inside the Dirty frame's cavity.
The Clean section of the airframe now features a total of 6 Orange RC Bobbins which have been utilized in all of Lumenier's Clean/Dirty airframes with incredible results. The added bobbin pair prevents the clean section to sag in the center of the airframes. The Clean section now also features a retaining mechanism that prevents the two airframe sections to separate and bobbins to rip apart in the event of a crash. The Clean section features a longer top plate that stiffens the back of the airframe when used with larger, heavier lipo batteries. Furthermore, the larger Clean section provides increased room to mount FPV and other electronics. GPS mounting is made easy with dedicated GPS mounting locations in the center or back of the airframe.
- Stiffened Dirty section with innovative curved carbon fiber side-walls and carbon fiber dirty plate
- Improved power distribution board with integrated LED lighting for orientation and LOS visibility powered by 3s or 4s flight pack
- 3 independent voltage circuits: main flight pack voltage (4 cell recommended), 12v circuit with included 12v step-down, extra circuit for optional step down/up
- Bobbin retainer posts that prevent airframe separation in the event of a crash protecting bobbins and wiring
- Ability to attach and remove Lumenier's Quick-Mount gimbal in around 20 seconds (Gimbal is available separately)
- GoPro mounting plate that can be removed when airframe is exclusively flown with Lumenier Gimbal
- Airframe can be purchased with 4 different arm configurations: 500mm (Aluminum), 500mm (G10), 520mm (G10), and 540mm (Aluminum)
- Optional accessories include a variety of landing gear options and board camera mount that can be placed in 2 different positions at the bottom of the Clean section
- Dedicated mounting hole for video transmitter SMA adapter
- All plates and arms available as spares and crash replacements
- 25 minute flight time with appropriate motors, props, and battery pack
- (Airframe + 540mm aluminum arms): 543g
- Size (airframe only without arms): 452mm x 115mm x 65mm (no landing gear)
- Suggested Lipo: 4s 35c 5200mAh
Accessories & Replacement Parts
- QAV Board Camera Mount
- Multiple Landing Gear Options
- Individual replacement of all frame plates
- 1x Fully built QAV540 V2 FPV Quadcopter
- Parts include
- 4x QAV540G Aluminum Arms
- 1x QAV500 Power Distribution Board
- 1x QAV500 Carbon Fiber Dirty Frame Plate
- 2x Carbon Fiber Side Wall Plates
- 1x QAV500 G10 Clean Frame Base Plate
- 1x QAV500 Flight Controller Cover Plate
- 1x GoPro Camera Plate
- 1x Set of Hardware with Allen Key and Lipo Strap
- 6x Orange RC Bobbins
- 1x XT60 Lipo Pigtail 12AWG
- Props: HQProp 12x4.5 Propeller Multi-Rotor - 2 Blade CW and CCW
- Motors: Lumenier FXC4006-13 740kv
- ESCs: Lumenier 35A BLHeli_S ESC OPTO (2-6s) DSHOT
- Flight Controller: Eagle Tree Vector FPV Controller with Color OSD (XT60)
- FPV Gear
Note: Battery, Radio and Receiver are not included (sold separately).
Patents Pending. Clean/Dirty Airframe Separation is a Trademark by Lumenier.
FPV Regulatory Notice
The use and operation of this type of product in the USA and many other countries may require a license and some countries may forbid its use entirely. In the USA, you will need a "HAM" amateur radio license. Learn more about HAM licenses. It is your responsibility to ensure that the use of this product meets the requirements imposed by your government’s rules and regulations for RF devices. Do not purchase this product if you are unsure of the government requirements or are not able to comply with them. GetFPV cannot be held responsible for your actions if you purchase and/or use this product in violation of your government's regulations. By agreeing to our terms and conditions during the check-out process, you also agree to have read and to understand this notice.