The FrSky Tandem X20S Series is a dual-band telemetry radio that has great features such as a color touch screen display and an ergonomic design that provides unprecedented comfort when held. On the RF side, FrSky has introduced a powerful and reliable TD dual-band RF system, which features the FrSky 900MHz and 2.4GHz in one combined RF system. The TD dual-band RF system is characterized by simultaneous dual-band remote controsl with telemetry, and superb end-to-end 4ms latency performance. When combined with ETHOS, a completely new operating system, FrSky’s Tandem X20S Series provides users with a powerful, intuitive, and flexible experience to enjoy across the entire world of RC.
A Very Well Thought Through Radio Design
Tandem X20S Series design has focused highly on technology, ergonomics, and user experience as follows:
The overall weight of Tandem X20 has been kept low, less than 1000 grams, by incorporating the use of lightweight materials while maintaining a strong and robust quality. The radio system comes with an 800 x 480-pixel color touch screen display on the top area of the radio which is easy to read indoors and in direct sunlight outdoors.
The Tandem X20S has been complemented with 6 customizable buttons on the front case that allows for quick switching between features, ideal to be used for flight modes. Additional 2 rear momentary buttons have been introduced to provide flexibility, in the ideal position for DLG pilots launch fingers no matter if you are left or right-handed. All the trims and pots adopt the CNC metal hardware that makes the radio more endurable.
The two side handle grips of Tandem X20Sare made with a high-quality comfortable material, designed ergonomically to fit the hand very well. Both hall gimbals are well-positioned which makes the sticks very close to the grip edge allowing for ease to reach and control, also the spring tension and the stick travel (45°to 60°) can be adjusted. (S & HD versions support rotating gimbals within adjustable L/R 8°).
Internal 900MHz/2.4GHz Dual-Band & External Module Bay
The TD dual-band RF system combines both the features and advantages of FrSky 900MHz and 2.4GHz RF together in one system. The TD features real simultaneous dual-band long-range control with telemetry that achieves reliable end-to-end 4ms latency while maintaining a robust and high-quality signal link. The entire range of TD, ACCESS & ACCST D16 receivers are supported. The built-in TANDEM RF System supports ACCESS and ACCST D16 protocols.
In addition, the Tandem X20 includes a rear Lite version module bay to offer more options to connect external devices. The external Lite module bay supports R9M Lite, R9M PRO-Lite, XJT Lite, etc. FrSky welcomes working compatibility with the 3rd party products with their own developed technology following FrSky verified 3rd party compatibility-testing program.
ETHOS Operating System
ETHOS, as a thoroughly new operating system, designed from the ground up by RC experts, grants users a powerful, intuitive, and flexible experience that can maximize the fun of RC Hobby!
- Built-in TD 900M/2.4G Dual-Band Internal RF Module Supports Multiple Working Modes
- 2.4G ACCST D16Mode (Compatible with ACCST Receivers with D16 V2 or later FW)
- 2.4G ACCESSMode (Compatible with ACCESS Receivers)
- 900M ACCESSMode (Compatible with ACCESS R9 868/915MHz Receivers)
- (*Capable of simultaneous working under ACCESS mode)
- 2.4G & 900M TD Mode (Compatible with TD Receivers)
- Super-low latency and long-range control with telemetry
- (*Up to 50 to 100KM range and down to 4ms end-to-end latency)
- 800*480 Color Touch-Screen Displays
- 6 Quick-Mode Custom Buttons (Front) and 2 Momentary Buttons (Rear)
- Lite Type External Module Bay
- Built-in 6-axis Gyroscope Sensor
- All CNC Metal Trims, Knobs
- Haptic Vibration Alerts and Voice Speech Outputs
- Supports SWR Indicator Warning
- Supports Recharge System for 2S Li-ion Battery (USB Type-C Interface)
- High-speed PARA Wireless Training System (Compatible with FreeLink App3.0)
- Built-in Audio Wireless Module (Compatible with Bluetooth Audio Device)
- All CNC High-Precision Hall-Sensor Gimbals with 10 Ball-Bearing, adjustable 45° to 60° stick travel, and 8° rotatable panel.
- ETHOS: The more powerful, Flexible, and Intuitive OS for your radio.
- Clear and Intuitive UI Design
- Supports Dual Operation Modes of Radio Display (Touch and Non-Touch)
- Supports Multi-Language Switching
- Hardware/Software Version and Factory Version Detection
- Supports running LUA Scripts
- Dimension: 212*200*95 mm (L*W*H)
- Weight: 809g (without battery)
- Operating system: ETHOS
- Internal RF module: TANDEM
- Number of Channels: 16/24 channels
- Operating Voltage Range: 6.5 ~ 8.4V (2S Li-battery)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C~60°C(14°F~140°F)
- Operating Current: 240mA@7.4V (Typ.)
- Charging Current: ≤1A ±200mA
- USB Adaptor Voltage: 5V+0.2V
- USB Adaptor Current: >2.0A
- Backlit touchable LCD resolution: 800*480
- Compatibility: ACCST D16 & ACCESS & TD receivers
- 1 x X20S Transmitter
- 1 x Hand Grips
- 1 x R8 Pro Receiver
- 1 x R9 MX Receiver