BetaflightF4 is the follow up design to the very popular BetaflightF3. Following in the same path as Betaflight F3 we have kept a very similar footprint in terms of design with a few added modifications. The F405 has replaced the F303 to allow for lower CPU loads.
We have eliminated the 5v/3.3v jumper and added two seperate connection points, one for sbus and one for spektrum users. The jumper still remains for the battery voltage/5v connection for connecting your camera. While wiring the board it is recommended to get power for your vtx either from a different 5v source on the board or if using a higher voltage vtx power it from the battery input coming into the pdb. Running ground loop at Agnd with gnd wires from camera and vtx is still recommended to give the cleanest video signal.
Another small design change to this board was changing the BEC, this change takes the recommended 5v 2A current limit and drops it down to 5V 1.5A, its a small change but one that we opted for in order to use a more reliable BEC.
BetaflightF4 now comes with telemtry pads for BLHeli32 ESCs these pads are located between the signal and gnd pads for the ESC connections.
- STM32 F405 MCU for quick processing power
- SPI Sensor MPU6000 for gyro and accelerometer, No Barometer
- Betaflight 3.0.1 firmware
- SBUS/PPM input (Pinheaders)
- 6PWM output (1-4 Pinheaders and Sh1.0 Plug, 5-6 as Pinheaders)
- Included 128Mbit Flash
- Built-in Betaflight OSD, configure OSD Layout via Betaflight configurator
- Dshot compatible (Update to Betaflight 3.1 firmware)
- F405 Processor
- MPU6000 Gyro/ACC Sensor
- BEC Max current 5V 1.5A
- Built in OSD – configurable via Betaflight GUI
- Current sensor
- Power distribution board with six-layer PCB
- OSD Max Current: 145A
- 1x Betaflight F4 Flight Controller
- Mount holes: 30.5x30.5mm
- Weight: 6.6g (without header pins)