If you’re into drones, FPV or RC, then you have lithium batteries. They are an integral part of the hobby and as power demands increase so does the size and energy storage of the batteries.
It may be rare, but there is always a chance for a Lipo to catch fire, especially if damaged or overcharged. That is why all manufacturers caution to charge only while attended.
However, not every accident can be avoided, and for that, there is the BAT-SAFE Battery Safe Box.
The BAT-SAFE Box is an insulated double-wall steel box designed by an aerospace engineer. The smoke and nasty soot created by a Lipo fire are filtered through a steel and fiberglass flame arrestor which also reduced the heat of the exhaust. Instead of completely sealing the container like an Army supply box which makes the fire more intense and pressurized, the BAT-SAFE Box box safely vents the heat and smoke in a controlled manner.
The BAT-SAFE Box is great for charging, storing, and transporting Lipos as well. There is a magnetic stand that attaches to the top of the box to place your charger. After that, connect your wires through the grommet and plug in your Lipo!
For more information about Lipo Battery safety, check out our new drone learning page.
- Designed by engineers and RC enthusiast
- Charging, storing and transporting LiPos
- Fireproof battery safe
- Double steel insulated walls
- Fiberglass and steel wool filter
- Stops flames and intense smoke
- Easy to use latch and seal
- Fire collar grommet for wires to connect from charger to battery
- Magnetically attached mount for a charger
- Peace of mind when charging your batteries
- Lightweight with carrying handle
- Size: 300 x 220 x 160mm
- Internal measurements: 240 x 165 x 80mm
- Weight: 4.4 pounds / 2kg
- 1x BAT-SAFE Battery Safe Box
- 1x Battery charger stand
- Velcro straps